Our produce box arrived tonight. About an hour ago. This is our third delivery. I. Absolutely. Love. This. Idea! One orders local, organically grown produce each week. You can skip weeks, too, as you please. Or better, you can donate the skipped weeks to a local food bank.
My opinion so far:
- I like supporting our local small farmers.
- It’s organic. That doesn’t seem to mean much in Silicon Valley – most veggies, in my local grocery store, have switched to organic anyway.
- It seems to be cheaper. No middle man. It works for us because we try to eat mainly veggies and salads and grains,. The meat we cook lasts several days or is frozen for later use. (Sometimes we go overboard and cook something way unhealthy but…we deserve it now and then. After all, one must have some decadent eating experiences in life.)
- When it arrives, it looks absolutely beautifully fresh – just picked.
- It allows one to experiment with produce you would not have ever considered – fruits and veggies.
And that is it for now. If you can, try this option in your city.
I’m seeing the time. Perhaps I’ll make rounds over coffee tomorrow morning. Since I post so late, it may be the New Year! Hope and health to us all….
(image per pixabay)